Established in 1996, Bradfor Ltd supply major airlines with seat covers that embark on journeys across the globe. Whilst being a small manufacturing company with 80 employees, Bradfor is a successful, professional aircraft seat cover manufacturer.
Our motto is ‘Making the Difference’, which has helped us go from strength to strength in an ever-evolving industry and to successfully manage the many challenges presented by the pandemic. We are now recruiting to support a busy period of recovery.
ROLE – PRODUCTION LINE LEADER
This is a role that will provide an excellent opportunity for anyone who has experience working in a production environment who is seeking to further develop their career and expand their production knowledge within a busy factory environment.
Based in Rostrevor, Bradfor Ltd is a family owned business. It specialises in the manufacture of dress covers, diaphragms, life vest pouches, straps and general upholstery for prestigious local and international aerospace companies.
The weekly hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with an early finish at 1pm on Friday.
The role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a strong company that is continuing to grow.
Salary: up to £23k – dependent on level of experience
Reports to: Senior Production Supervisor
Main job functions (Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.)
The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Production Supervisor for the smooth and efficient running of a stitching line and the workflow of that process. The role holder will be responsible for the effective organisation and co-ordination of all work activities to the correct specification and the highest quality. The Line Leader will be responsible for ensuring that all lines within their area of responsibility are working effectively and efficiently and that each team member is achieving the highest output. This will include basic first line management activities such as time and attendance and basic conduct issues.
- Co-ordination of work activities of team members in line with the agreed daily production schedule.
- Support the Senior Production Supervisor to effectively organise and delegate tasks to achieve quality and output targets.
- Conduct return to work interviews with team members raising and addressing any concerns appropriately.
- Handle low-level conduct issues when they arise with a view to ‘nipping in the bud’ and escalate appropriately when necessary.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to all team members to support the motivation of the team, establish, and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Ensure that Health and Safety rules are applied and adhered to flagging any issues to the Senior Production Supervisor that may be a breach our policies and procedures.
- Required to strive for continuous improvement and identify ways of eliminating unnecessary cost and wastage communicating any issues/impacts to the Senior Production Supervisor.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 12 months experience in a people management role.
- Previous experience in co-ordinating workplace tasks is desirable.
- Previous experience in an upholstery/stitching environment is desirable but not essential.
- Working within strict technical specifications to deliver a top-quality product is essential.
- The ability to organise and co -ordinate a schedule of work activities effectively.
- A common sense approach to problems in order to resolve with minimum impact to productivity and quality.
- Be able to follow instruction.
PARTICULAR APTITUDE/SKILL REQUIRED
- Excellentpeople skills with a positive approach.
- Good communication skills with a good level of English in order to deal effectively with both internal andexternal customers is essential.
- A keen and genuine interest to further develop your skills and experience